How can we save money on wedding car hire?
As with everything in life, you get what you pay for, wedding car hire is no different. Don’t hire a supplier than is willing to cut corners to give you the best price. Quality & professional car owners will be fully insured for wedding hire, having public liability insurance & maintain their car well, all this costs money. If you think the price is too good to be true, then it probably is.
Having said that, you also don’t need to pay over the odds. Here are some tips to get the best price.
- Don’t hire the car for longer than you need. With our quotation system you can see the difference in the price for hiring the car for additional hours. You probably won’t need any more than 3 hours, unless your venues are particularly far apart.
- Don’t hire more cars than you need. You don’t necessarily need to hire a car for you bridesmaids and a car for yourself. It is usually not much more expensive to hire a larger car to accommodate everyone, or if logistically possible, the car could do 2 x trips, rather than 1.
- Book your wedding out of season. The busiest time for wedding car hire is May to September. Wedding car hire prices outside of the high season are generally cheaper. Our quote system will take seasonality in to account.
- Book a mid-week wedding. The busiest day of the week is Saturday. Most wedding car operators will have a sliding scale to their pricing structure, with a premium Saturday typically around 25% higher than a mid-week hire.
- Book as far in advance as possible. Owners love to fill their diary as early as possible.